Hello,

Vieri schrieb:
> My goal is to setup some custom macros globally for all users
> (location=share). I don't want to include the macros within
> location=document because I'll be deploying lots of docs and it
> would be a pain to maintain/update macros within every single
> odt document. I'd also like to avoid location=user (or
> location=application - I don't remember which is which) because
> I have PCs that are being used by lots of users and
> copying/syncing "user macros" to each user profile on every
> machine would be a waste of space and network bandwidth. That's
> why I was hoping to install and update all my macros within the
> main LO application. Another even better way would be to tell
> the LO application that my custom macros can be found on a
> remote server, eg. something like "location=url". This way, I'd
> maintain my macros on my web/ftp/webdav/whatever server (just
> one single copy) and forget about syncing them with each and
> every LO client installation.
>
> Any ideas?

My solution at work is like this:

I maintain several macros for all users as a personal basic
library.
If they are running correctly, I export the library to a public
network share.
Other users have to import the library - only once, if imported
as "reference". This is quite useful, because I can update the
public library when necessary without further work on the
clients.

HTH
Stefan
--