At 11:03 18/06/2013 +0100, Ryno Labuschagne wrote:
I have a question on writer regarding the page frames. If I want to place a fancy frame, i.e. picture, around my page how would I go about to do that.

Here's a suggestion:
o Go to Format | Page... | Page | Margins and set all the margins to zero (or suitably small values).
o On the Background tab of the same dialogue, for As select Graphic.
o Click Browse... and browse to and select the required picture.
o Go to Insert | Frame... | Type | Position.
o Set both Horizontal and Vertical to Center and "Entire page".
o On the Background tab of the same dialogue, set "Background color" to white (or as desired), and Transparency to 0%. o Grab the frame boundary by the (green) handles and drag it to the required size for the text area.
o Click outside the frame and then inside it; enter your text in the frame.

Note that if your document extends to more than on page, it is possible to link frames so that text flows naturally from frame to frame - in this case, from page to page.

Note also that printers will not usually print to the edge of a sheet, so you may not be able to print what you have created. You may see a warning about this at the first step.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker