At 13:13 02/07/2013 -0700, John R. Sowden wrote:
I am having a problem setting the default font in calc. This is usually not an issue, as I often start a new sheet from an existing sheet. But if I start from the first menu, I get a font called 'arial' (sounds like a mermaid or m$). Since I am using an oss program, i would prefer to use an oss font, e.g. freesans. per help, I an supposed to open a Write sheet and set the font in the 'tools' section. This works for write, not for calc.

The answers that you have been given - to create a new default template in the required font - are good, of course. But you may like to check what happens if you start a new document using this template and then create new sheets within the document. I fear you may find that the font defaults back to Arial.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker