Uniform random number generators do not conform to Benford's law.

To get uniform digits in the range 1 to 10, try =FLOOR(10*RAND();1;1)

However, Benford's law is about the *first* digit of a wide variety of numbers.

See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benford%27s_law#Mathematical_statement>.

To get the Benford distribution of digits 1 to 9,
I think you want =FLOOR(10^RAND();1;1)

What makes you think these do not have the Benford distribution?  How are you
testing that.

You should be able to create a histogram for the frequencies of values of 1, 2,
3, ..., 9 and show that it approaches the Benford distribution as you increase
the number of samples.

While the RNG used for RAND() may not be cryptographically wonderful, I expect
it would pass a reasonable test (say chi-squared) for correspondence to the
Benford distribution.

 - Dennis