Hi :)
My guess is that the default is 64bit or else other apps might need the 64bit
version.  It's generally not a good idea to have more than 1 version of Java
although even 1 might well be more than you need now.

Accessibility and Base (using the internal back-end) still need it.  Fewer and
fewer wizards and extensions need it.