At 04:06 08/08/2013 -0700, Gilles Noname wrote:
Figuring I'd save time, I filled and saved the DOCX as PDF, uploaded the file to a web site, and provided the URL in my reply.

I'm sorry I'm unable to open the Lost in Post Declaration you have sent in to ourselves.

No comment.

Many people, expecting a .docx file, will try to open it using File | Open... from within Microsoft Word. And they'll do that even with your PDF. But you knew that.

It all reinforces what I said about your needing to educate your correspondents!

Brian Barker