On 08/10/2013 04:23 AM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
On 10/08/13 08:49, Ian Dalton wrote:
Good morning,
I'm writing this after contacting officesuite 7 support, apparently the
issue is not on their end
"The OfficeSuite Pro saves the files in native format. Please contact Libre
Office for more help."
but it seems I can not edit a document in officesuite 7 for android, and
then continue to use it in libreoffice. the files are all in docx format
Any time I do, when I return to my PC to continue editing it, i get the
message 'general input / output error' when i try to open the file. no
other error messages happen, and nothing I can do will change the error.
I am using dropbox to synchronize between my pc and my android device. I
used to not have an issue with officesuite and microsoft word. Dropbox
fortunately saves prior copies, and I have been able to recover documents
after editing them mobile.
I have tried using ubuntu and windows 7 for libreoffice, multiple
computers, and multiple android devices running officesuite 7 pro.
Could you suggest anything I can do to try and remedy this issue?
Thank you,
Ian Dalton

I've just created a new docx document in Oficesuite 7 Pro on my Kindle, saved it to Skydrive, downloaded it on my Netbook running Ubuntu 13.04 with LO 4.1 and opened it with no problems.
(Mind you that was a very simple document....)

I was wondering on thing though - are you forced to use .docx or are you able to use .doc as the document's format? I see that .doc is a supported format.Since the .docx format can be an issue even between MS Office and LO for the more complex documents, you might rather use .doc if available to use.

I always ask for that format when dealing with a MSO user. I just do not like theMSO OOXML formats, like .docx.

I have not tried to install that package on a Nook [Android] before, since I prefer to have free software untilI know that I would use it enough to be worth the price. I will look into it, though, since there is a trial version.

So try saving your document as a .doc file and see if that stops the problem. Since Gorden did not have problems, then I really believe it has something to do with your document.

Have you created a document in LibreOffice 4.0.4 and saved it in a .docx format, then opened it in your Android OfficeSuite Pro 7 package?

I still say .doc would be the better format, though.