On Wed, 21 Aug 2013, Ken Springer wrote:

[...]

Whether or not there's two spaces at the end of the sentence doesn't make a lot of difference in that communication, IMO. But, I think it does effect the ease with which an individual can read the written word.

did you mean "the ease with which _some individuals_ can read the written word"? I dislike double-spaces but I hardly see a difference, subjectively, in the ease of reading.

can you cite a source for the claim it inhibits reading? don't feel obligated; I know Tom is trying, in his graceful way, to end the thread and it is probably overdrawn at this point.

it is btw pretty easy to edit them out.

F.

--
Felmon Davis

If you find a solution and become attached to it, the solution may become your next problem.