Hi :)
I tried
Ctrl shift v
to paste as "unformatted text" but then you would have to go through and
re-apply styles to all the headings and stuff.  So i tried "as rtf" and that
made an amazing mess but did get rid of the images.  Well it seemed to replace
them all with coding and weirdness but that was mostly reasonably easy to
remove.  Even so it might have been faster&easier to just paste all the images
properly and then remove the images.

So, it might be easier to do it the other way around?  Create a copy of the
document that has the wrong images and then copy&paste the right images over
the top?

I couldn't seem to select multiple images from a Writer document and have
troubles with that before.  I try to use Draw if i know in advance that images
are going to be the main thing about a document but for most documents i'm a
bit stuck through lack of knowledge.  It's not really a huge enough problem for
me so i have never tried to figure it out.

Doing 1 image at a time does seem to retain the images properties, such as
hyper-links, resizing, anchor points, wrap values.  After doing several that
were "Anchored to paragraph" i found most positioned themselves in exactly the
right place on the page but a couple didn't.  If the images are anchored to
page they do always choose the right position.  I'm not sure about "to" or "as"
character.

It has only just occurred to me that you might be able to do this better by
"hacking" the odt as a zip-file.  You know you can rename the file-ending from
.odt to .zip and then when you open you see folders such as "images"?  Can you
copy&paste the entire image folder from one to the other?  I'm not sure though.
 Do the image files appear to have the same names in both documents?  If the
names are different then it probably wont work.