On 11/05/2013 05:15 PM, jonathon wrote:
> n 11/05/2013 02:01 PM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:
>
>> Can I just add these lines to that file?
>>
>> <draw:color draw:name="Gold 1 " draw:color="#FFD700"/>
>> <draw:color draw:name="Gold 2 " draw:color="#EEC900"/>
>> <draw:color draw:name="Gold 3 " draw:color="#CDAD00"/>
>> <draw:color draw:name="Gold 4 " draw:color="#8B7500"/>
>> <draw:color draw:name="Goldenrod " draw:color="#DAA520"/>
>> <draw:color draw:name="Goldenrod 1 " draw:color="#FFC125"/>
>> <draw:color draw:name="Goldenrod 2 " draw:color="#EEB422"/>
>> <draw:color draw:name="Goldenrod 3 " draw:color="#CD9B1D"/>
>> <draw:color draw:name="Goldenrod 4 " draw:color="#8B6914"/>
> Yes.
>

>> I have a list of many, many color names and their associated colors.
>> What would happen if I added 50 or even 100 new colors to the color table?
> My recommendation is to keep the number of colours under 5,000.  Whilst
> LibreOffice will load when the colour palette contains every colour
> betωeen 000000 and FFFFFF, system performance is the absolute pits.
>
>> So is there any reason why someone could change the "standard.soc" color
>> list to include twice the colors, or even three times the current list?
> No.
>
>> Are there any issues involved?
> The biggest issue to watch for, is that the format is precisely
> cause all sorts of problems.
>
> The second issue is that one or two previous versions of LibO and AOO)
> have either cut the palette off, or replaced with the one that it ships
> with.   When taht happens, you need to play with the data in the first
> line of the file, and figure what your soc has, that the default does
> not have, and what the default, that is not in your soc.
>
>> Can a user like me add all of the "known" color names and their
>  associated colors to the file and not have any issues pop up when
>  displaying the color choices?
>
> When somebody else edits the ODF file, if they don't have the some
> colour palette installed, the colour is listed as "user".
>
> jonathon

Would someone like to have a copy of all of the colors that I have
listed in my color chart page[s]?

I could work on creating a "standard.soc" file that contains all of
these colors.  I have just over 500 color names and hex codes, though
100 are levels of gray.

If someone would like a text file list of these colors, I can send them
a copy.

I may, when I have a bit of time, create an standard.soc file with all
of these colors listed as a replacement for the original one that LO has.

I could also add any color name/code that LO uses, like LO Green2, or LO
Blue2, etc., that are used in the documentation or on the web pages.

But, if there are people who want such a list, then I will place it
higher on my to-do list.