I have a spreadsheet that is the output of a SQLite Database on Android. It
contains numbers that have been formatted as text. When I copy the columns into
my LibreOffice Spreadsheet I want to make sure that they are interpreted as
numbers.

However they come in as text and the manuals and help at Libre Office are less
than useful.

https://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Converting_Text_to_Numbers implies that this
conversion happens automatically but it sure doesn't

I found reference to a value function, but no information on how to apply it to
this data.

 I tried just changing the format of the cells to be number but that didn't do
anything at all.

I've also attempted various styles of paste special but still it doesn't work.

There has got to be a way to quickly say this text is all really numbers and
get it working!

Please help

Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
Desert Weyr http://www.desertweyr.com/