> These solutions are far too complex especially if you have very large sheets.
> Why not use the extension CT2N?
> It is simple, very straightforward and you can decide ,whole sheet, or just
> parts.
> The ' is just removed.
> I understand it is to be included as standard, in which case there will be
> no need to install the extension.
> You can find it here:
> http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/ct2n-convert-text-to-number-and-dates

We are going in circles. The extension not always works (see bug
reports), and the supposedly "too complex" solutions you are
referring to take a few seconds and _less_ than 10 clicks.

Regarding including the extension as standard, I hope the devs are
using their valuable time to take care of features that _really_ have
_no alternative_ in Calc.

Regards,
Ady.