On 05/01/14 02:10, Ryan Ashley wrote:
I have developed a spreadsheet which contains a sheet for the cover and
basic information as well as one sheet for every month. There is a cell
with a number on every sheet at location H35. I want the average of all
of those which are not zero on the first sheet. I initially tried using
"AVERAGEIF(January.H35:December.H35, ">0")", but it keeps giving me
error 504. I then tried the formula below, which uses COUNTIF, but the
part with COUNTIF in it causes a 504 also. If I cannot use COUNTIF or
AVERAGEIF, how do I get an average of cell H35 on each sheet where H35
is greater than zero?

It certainly sounds like a bug however that being said, but perhaps your AVERAGEIF formula needs work.

Unfortunately my older version of LO does not have AVERAGEIF so I cannot check the syntax. Perhaps <http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/> will have the answer for you.

Post the answer here or the bug number on this thread.

Hope you come right.

Hylton
Hylton is a Lions Club member of Lions Club of Fish Hoek (District 410A)
http://www.fishhoeklionsclub.org.za being part of the worlds
largest non profit NGO