Hi :)
I just had a quick go with this.  It seems as though having a jpg image as
the "Watermark" was the problem.  Even when i did;
Arranged to back
Wrap through & "In background"

The jpg still seemed to remove the colours of the table headings.  I used
Gimp (badly) to convert to a Png, gave it an alpha channel and (again badly)
removed the white background colour.  When i dragged that into the document
it did allow the colours in the table-headings.

So here is an Odt and a ODF Template and i added a Doc too, although i have
a feeling the Doc wont work.
test-v2.odt <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4091019/test-v2.odt>
test-v2.ott <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4091019/test-v2.ott>
test-v2.doc <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4091019/test-v2.doc>

I think almost no-one will notice the slight speckling in some of the
corners of the vehicles but jic i figured it might be better to have the
'original' of the png if it really does need tidying up.  Also the
grey-scale used seemed tooo faint so i duplicated-layer about 4 times to
make it more prominent but then it looked like it was layered above the
headings half-way down the left column so i pushed those columns further
down the page a bit.  Anyway, here is the hollowed-out Png ...
test-docs-graphic-v2.png
<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4091019/test-docs-graphic-v2.png>

My other niggles with the document were that the tables on the left didn't
start at the same height as the tables on the left so i copied the paragraph
marks (end of line characters) from the left side to fix that but now any
writing typed in above the column on the right would be in a huge font-size.

So, hopefully that gives a few ideas for work-arounds until the bug gets
fixed!