Peter West

So his fame spread throughout all Syria...

On 18 Jan 2014, at 4:19 am, Carl Paulsen <carlpaul...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Basically, I'm at a huge disadvantage b/c I don't understand ANY of the terms
> or tools.  I'm watching a ton of videos and reading a ton of material.  But
> being someone who has done a lot of teaching/tutoring, I have to say no one
> out there seems to know how to assume a user knows nothing but is still
> capable of learning. Too much is assumed in all the materials I find.

Carl, this is an endemic problem in _all_ software documentation.  I don't know
whether it's worse in this area than others, but it is in any case horribly
difficult to remember what it is like not to know anything.  We don't observe
the steps by which we come to know something; we are too busy struggling to
understand.