e-letter  wrote:

>What is the benefit of using master document function (presumably a gratuitous
copy of m$), when styles function is available in LO?

For all practical purposes, the advantages and virtues of using Master Document
functionality is completely irrelevant to the advantages and virtues of using
Styles.

>be more stable and easier to manage if these files were imported into one new
>document?

Whether it is more appropriate for the  content to maintained as One Single
File, One Master Document file, or 100 individual files, depends upon a dozen
different factors, starting with the type of content, and ending up with the
size of the components of that content.

I've maintained content in all three forms.

jonathon
--
Sent from the eating establishment at the Far side of the Universe, at the
begining of Time, and at  the end of Space.