Hi :)
That is a tad disturbing.  Please file a bug-report about it
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

This is about the first time we've had reports of problems with Xls
but a lot of work went into Calc for the 4.2.0.  It's plausible that
created glitches.  Hopefully those might get ironed out quickly if
people report any odd problems they find with the 4.2.0.  It is good
to tests-drive the new branch as soon as it comes out (or even before)
to make sure any unexpected oddities do show up.  For "production use"
it's good to use the latest stable-branch, currently the 4.1.4 i htink
Regards and apols from
Tom :)