Hi All

I've been using the Base/MySQL combination since mid-last year now and it is fantastic!! It is much faster, never crashes or freezes and just works the way it is supposed to. I can definitely recommend it to anyone!! (In my opinion this should be the standard and HSQL should be dropped)

Now I have a couple of questions...

1) Where does MySQL store the Database? (I think it's in the root somewhere)
2) Is it easy to move it into the /home directory?
3) Where do I find the LO front-end form?
4) If I copy these two files to another machine will I be able to get the Database running on this second machine?

Side question

I have a couple of graphics/photos in each record - Is it possible to 'Link' these instead of embedding them so that if you up-date a photo it will automatically update in the Database? If this is possible will it effect Base at all? (faster, slower etc)

Thanks for any help

IanW
Pretoria RSA.