Hi :)
I've used Links most recently but vaguely remember installing Lynx.  I
played chess by telnet once which felt quite cool.  None of those look
as advanced as Elink sounds.  I think Elink grew from links?  Not
tried w3m yet.  I'm on Gnu&Linux so things might be quite different

It's not always about advantages.  Sometimes it's good to try things
out for fun and just to satisfy curiosity.  I do a bit of web-design
so it's good to see how the site looks in other web-browsers and
sometimes that leads to "mission creep"

Elinks wanted to install tons of dependancies on my Unity DE, so did
links2 and w3m.  I sometimes ssh into my works machine from home or
vice-versa or into the web-hosting company from either or from
elsewhere in a LiveUsb session so working from the command-line is
handy as it drastically minimises the overheads that a gui would
squander.  I seldom use a web-browser that way but it can be neater
that way sometimes.