On 23/02/2014, Alexander Wilms <f.alexander.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I already posted this on the LibreOffice Google+ and Facebook pages, but
> there are probably quite a few people subscibed to this list who are not
> following either one.

Despite the self-generated hype, not every Tom, Dick and Harriet are
interested in these social data-collation (sorry "media") tools.

> The UK government plans to move to open standards like ODF and HTML and
> apparently Microsoft didn't know that people can voice their opinions on
> the proposal since January and started to spread some FUD  once again a
> few days ago.
>
> If you think that truly open standards are a better solution than OOXML,
> then it'd be beneficial if you registered on the standards.data.gov.uk
> page and commented. In 3 days, comments will be closed.

Thanks for informing us, but in addition users have to be educated
about the benefits of _not_ using LO and an m$ clone and actually
promote the odf standard themselves. Continual "bug reports" about m$
suggest otherwise.