On 2014-03-06 14:35, Ed_0 wrote:
On 05/03/14 20:07, gibi wrote:
On 2014-03-06 05:51, Ed_0 wrote:
On 05/03/14 10:08, e-letter wrote:
On 04/03/2014, Ed_0 <x9...@mail.ru> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know, why does libreoffice open up after running in a
terminal "libreoffice --convert-to odt *.doc?

It should not do this. Check your installation again. (E.g:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users%40global.libreoffice.org/msg12280.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/users%40global.libreoffice.org/msg33265.html

What if I want a recursive behaviour?

Try:

libreoffice --convert-to odt ./*.doc

Hi,

1) Hmm, I didn't understand those links, the errors displayed are these:

javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!

Warning: failed to read path from javaldx

2) I'm not an expert or a sysadmin but I read some books about Linux. ls
and ls . or ls ./ is the same.

3) I tried with - $ libreoffice --headless --convert-to odt $(ls -R)
         - $ libreoffice --headless --convert-to odt < file < ls -R
         - $ libreoffice --headless --convert-to odt $(find . -name
"*.docx*")
         - $ libreoffice --headless --convert-to odt $(find . -name
"*.docx*")
--outdir dir/

and it didn't work out...

I know very little Bash and some C. I think a script it's a better idea.
It has to execute the libreoffice command in each directory so that the
outdir is "that" directory.

I wish somebody could code it. If not, I will do it myself in the
future.

Sincerely,

Ed

Hi.
What are you trying to achieve.
I have to run a script to convert all older documents on our server to
newer ODF format. I am going to do that by regression into the
directory specified as the parameter to the script when called. I
haven't got round to it yet as it is not required until I update LO,
but is that what you are after.
Steve

Another way is to use the wizard in libreoffice (File > Wizards >
Document Converter ) from a PC on the same network than the server and
using a network share.

We used this solution to convert tons of documents in order to avoid CPU
charge on servers that were used for other purposes and it was nice
(only I/O on the servers).
We were able to parallelize tasks with multiple PCs, each one was
dealing with a dedicated sub-directory of the share.

Just my 2 cents.

Just tried it.

I found what I was searching.

Thank you!

Unfortunately for me it doesn't convert the legacy documents for which compatibility was discontinued after LO3.7, so I will finish my script.
steve