At 14:43 27/04/2014 +0200, Luuk Noname wrote:
On 25-4-2014 22:37, Alf Noname wrote:
In LibreOffice Writer, how to insert a field of a random integer in the range 5 to 20? This random integer changes every time I open the document.

In Word (2013) it is possible to insert two nested fields with the following definition:
{ = ROUND({ TIME\@\"ss" \* MERGEFORMAT }/4+5;0) }

The 'inner' field results in the seconds of the current time, this is divided by 4, resulting in a number between 0 and 15, and finally 5 is added. I was unable to reproduce this in LibreOffice... ;(

Is anyone be able to do this?

Here's a start:
o In the first cell of a table, go to Insert | Fields > | Other... | Document.
o Under Type select Time.
o Under Select, select Time. (Note that "Time" in the earlier Fields menu is actually "Time (fixed) and not what you want.)
o Click Insert. (I don't think it matters what Format you select.)
o Put the cursor into another cell and press F2.
o Complete the formula in the Input Line: =((<A1>*100000-<A1>*100000 round 0+0.5) round 2)*100 and click the green arrow.

I think that gives you an unpredictable two-digit number, but you'd better check the maths. The remainder of the calculation is left as an exercise for the reader!

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker