Hey All,

I've noticed that LibreOffice does not remember the words that I add to
my dictionary when I open a new document that contains the same words I
just added in the previous document.  Every new document does not
recognize the spelling of words that I have added when editing earlier
documents.  It behaves as though it is adding the words to a dictionary
that is contained within the individual document instead of adding them
to a dictionary that is located in my home and referenced by all
documents even though I know this is not the case because the document
is in plain text format that I can open with any ordinary text editor
such as gedit, on the desk top, or vim in a shell.

If I open the same document again, the next day of example, the words
that I added to the dictionary previously when editing that same
document are not marked as misspelled, but if I open a new document the
words are not recognized there.

I've spent a couple of hours reading the LibreOffice Word manual and
searching with Google to no avail.

Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed that will allow the use of
a local dictionary?  Is this a known bug?

CentOS release 6.5 (Final)

Linux mushroom.patch 2.6.32-431.17.1.el6.i686 #1 SMP Wed May 7 20:52:21
UTC 2014 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

[mlapier@mushroom ~]$ rpm -qa | grep libreoffice
libreoffice-base-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-math-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-pdfimport-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-langpack-en-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-ure-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-graphicfilter-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-calc-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-impress-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-emailmerge-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-xsltfilter-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-core-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-draw-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-opensymbol-fonts-4.0.4.2-9.el6.noarch
libreoffice-report-builder-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-writer-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
libreoffice-pyuno-4.0.4.2-9.el6.i686
[mlapier@mushroom ~]$

--