Hi All,

I'm not much of an office suite guy, so please forgive me if I'm trying
to do something utterly stupid :)

Scenario: Just yesterday our Canon copier/printers were swapped out for
newer models.  (It didn't go as smoothly as was promised.)  Now one of
my users cannot print to 11x17 paper.

As an experiment I created a simple "text" document with LO Writer, then
tried to get it to print to 11x17.  No matter what I did, the page size
kept going back to 8.5x11.  "File -> Print -> Properties"  Change to
11x17.  Without doing anything else: Go back to Properties: *Bang*,
back to 8.5x11

That's on a Win7 box.

I'm playing with it on my WinXP laptop and it's doing the same thing.

Yet, on both machines, if, in the printer properties, I go to "Paper
Source" and mouse over the bottom drawer, the tooltip shows "Drawer 4,
Paper Size: 11x17, Paper Supply: 100%"

Both installs are LO 4.1.4.2

The copier/printer things are Canon iR-ADV 4251s

So what gives?

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is