On Wed, 28 May 2014 21:32:17 +1000
Keith Bates <ke...@new-life.org.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm in unfamiliar territory, searching a QIF file for a single badly
> formatted transaction. I've exported the original moneydance file to
> a tab limited file with the thought of searching for a non-numeric
> character in the transaction amount column.
>
> The only problem is I can't work out the appropriate Reg. Exp to
> search for characters that are not numeric or a "."
[snip]

You want to find everything that's *not* in a particular set, so...

    [^0-9\.]

That's anything that's not zero thru nine or a (literal) dot.

Depending upon the flavour of regexp support, that can also be written
[^[:digit:]\.] or [^\d\.], but the first one I gave works with any
flavour.

HTH

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is