Le 23/06/2014 12:28, Tom Davies a écrit :

Tom,

It is not often I speak out in this way, and I hate to say it, but
sometimes I really do wonder whether you're on medication, drugs,
alcohol, or suffering from some form of permanent euphoric mind-altering
state.

> Apache are far better at supporting Base.  Here we rely on a few regulars

Well there's a nice sweeping generalisation, and a wrong one at that.
Apache don't support Base more than any other application or program or
code that is covered by their foundation.

> who happen to be extremely good with it but they don't seem to have been
> around this weekend.  Sorry! :(   Apache forums seem quite happy answering
> questions about LibreOffice.  Unfortunately they seem to have 1 forum that
> is over-run by spammers and 1 that is excellent and i never remember which
> is which.  A google search gave me this forum;

The fact that there is more information available about Base on the OOo
forums is not new, those forums were around a long time before LO even
existed. The posters and people on those forums were tackling real Base
problems many, many years ago. The fact that the LO project thought it a
necessity to provide some other forms of communication medium was borne
as a result mainly of differences in egos between all of the members
that had created the mammoth OOo user-based community. This created
divided user support forums, which personally, I think was probably one
of the biggest mistakes ever, particularly with regard to Base. But hey,
such is life. The fact of the matter, and I will grant you that, is that
the OOo Base forums are far more replete with useful answers than
anything the LO user support media/channels have to offfer, save perhaps
the present Base User Guides.

> there.  My guess is that the chart would be fairly easy from where that
> thread finishes.

Have you tried this for yourself ? Have you tried using any of the more
sophisticated Base functionality at all ? When you do, then you can make
sweeping statements about how easy, or not, something can be done.

Sorry, if I appear harsh, but sometimes smiling inanely and answering
off the top of one's head just doesn't cut it.

Alex