On Jun 25, 2014, at 9:52 AM, Budgie <aje...@errichel.co.uk> wrote:

> I have been able to create a column with the dates in required format using
> the formula =TEXT(B2,"DD/MM/YYYY") but this leaves the underlying formula in
> the cell so when I try and remove unwanted columns the formula fails.  What I
> need is the date as written by the formula "frozen" as text so I may then
> manipulate the columns without messing up.  Hope this is clear.

Once you create your column with the date formatted properly copy it and paste
special into a new column including only the text or numbers.

Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
Desert Weyr, LLC - Black Welsh Mountain Sheep http://www.desertweyr.com/
LambTracker - Open Source SW for Shepherds http://www.lambtracker.com
Paonia, CO USA