Thanks Miguel. . .
I always forget the URL for the info page. Since each Windows version, XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, seems to place the config folders in different locations, I never remember where they are. For Ubuntu-based Linux it is almost always in the same hidden "folder tree".

Also, advice for any user of LO if they do not do this already - it is a very good idea to keep a "working" backup of user config files/folders. I do this for LO and Firefox. That way, if an issue start to occur, I just replace the current folder[s] with the working backup one [not copy/paste, but delete current one and copy/paste backup one] For Firefox, having all of the bookmarks, passwords, etc., backed up is a lot better than rebuilding these things. LO has some user info that a user might want kept/saved so they do not need to recreate it. Like all of the modifications and add ons that are seen/used/modified in the "Tools" menu.

on a different note - - "Embed OpenDocument file"?

To be honest I never have needed to send someone an editable PDF file. If they need to edit the document, then I send them the .doc or .odt file[s]. The original reason for PDF documents was to have a version of the document that can be read and printed, but not allow the person to modify the document. So I do not send out editable PDF files. That is not to say I never use PDF files that have "fields" to type in your content. I do - every time I fill out my Federal and State tax forms.