Hi :)
The Users Support mailing list had this post sometime yesterday from Tim
Lloyd;
"
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/open-document-formats-selected-to-meet-user-needs
the link says it all. Let's hope this trend continues
"

Later in the thread Jim Seymour said

"
Two governments in less than a week's time.  Very good news! :)
Regards,
Jim
"

William that looks like a good way of handling it.  For online stuff it's
quite easy to adapt or change if someone does object and in this case it's
difficult to imagine they would object anyway.  Printed Documentation that
gets widely distributed might need to be a bit more careful when uncertain
but that is a "different bottle of crisps altogether".

Thanks Tim, Jim and William!