On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:59:45 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:

> Chapter 13 "Working with Master Documents" might help!
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/
Publications#LibreOffice_Writer_Guide

I've just started looking into Master Documents, although I have a
suspicion it would be a 'sledgehammer to crack a walnut'.

After studying the info I felt confident enough to try a test, but
struck a rock almost immediately:

I made a small file with just one line of text, did File/Send/Master
Document, got taken to the filename enter box (filter showed "ODF
Master Document"), entered "testmaster" and hit 'Save'.

Result: Error window saying "Can't create document".

No hint of why not, so not sure what to try next...
 (Presumably there is some minimum structure missing, but what?!)

--
/\/\aurice