Hi all,

I have collected rainfall totals in Base and wanted to create a report
showing the average for each month, as well as an overall average for the
period of months in the report (YTD Average).  In other words, I want to
(effectively) average the monthly averages.

I created a query to get the Total, Average, Min and Max rainfall, by
month.  In the report writer, I grouped my results on the month.  I then
created a field in the page footer to show the overall total for the months
shown, and that works great.  I used the "Accumulation" function to do
this.  But when I try to get an overall average, I wind up getting the
average for the first month (in the report), not for the year-to-date.

I did try to add a field in the report footer, but that only changed the
month used for the average.  Obviously, the functions capability is not the
solution I am looking for.  Can anyone point me to a workable solution?

Sure, I could probably get what I want more easily and quickly by linking
in from Calc, but I may want this kind of data in other databases I create
as well.

Thanks!
Don

--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate