Tom Davies wrote on 01-10-14 15:36:

> All he was saying was there was at least 1 example of a bug that was
> introduced in "Fresh"

How many more would you like to know :)
It's always been that new versions come with new bugs.
That's the big advantage (?) of open source: it keeps you sharp/awake,
since you know the bugs you are used to, may disappear and new - but
which - come in their place :)

Now the situation with LibreOffice is that there is only one way ahead
out of the old mess: cleaning up, modernising and the whole shit more.
Thus what the devs are working on.
And yes, that brings more new bugs, for removing old bugs and working
our way to the future.

It encourages me that so many people file bugs. Many of them duplicates
(i.e. already known in BugZilla), many basically user problems (people
would have been better of asking here first) and also many that I would
consider as tiny bugs, little UI improvements and so forth. Oh yes: and
the nasty ones :\
I'm also glad to see there's many people helping in QA with clarifying
the bugs etc usw. Great. And we can really handle more of those people ;)

Now of course it's nasty that Taanstafls bug isn't yet fixed. Maybe
peoples comments become a bit unfriendly when having to explain again
and again how solving issues works. And how not.
And of course Taanstafl would love to see the bug fixed and gets annoyed
too.
Both are of little help, I expect.
There are bugs that annoy me too. And some I could even help by finding
that extra hour (or two) extra to do some little testing, scripting,
digging.. Only that extra extra...

Being friendly, helping wherever you can, and asking attention in a
positive way for an issue (clear test case or bibisecting works better
then complaining).. Ah well.

Sorry I can't help any further here at the moment.

> Maybe we should rename "Still" to "Eggs" and change "Fresh" to "Omelette".
> Both have advantages.  trying to say that "Omelette" is really unbroken
> eggs seems daft to me.

You know I am in favour of keeping all our great ideas for new names
with us for the next period and focus on better explanation (website).
But I do like this one :) Thanks,

Cor

--
Cor Nouws