Hi there,

Actually, installing "JavaForOSX2014-001.dmg” is exactly what I don’t want to
do, for it would be polluting a fresh, clean system with a library being 4
versions old (Apple stop providing Java with OS X 10.6).

But…

Giving it a second thought showed that there is 2 available builds for OS X
(both of version 4.3.2.2):

The second one, labelled “Mac OS X (x86_64 10.8 or newer required”, does the
trick and recognises Java 8u25 as valid. Although we still get this nasty alert
saying we should install Java…

Nevertheless, it works!

Thanks,

Alain.