Am 31.10.2014 um 12:20 schrieb rmg:
> I'm migrating a bunch of spreadsheets from Debian Lenny/Openoffice to
> Debian Wheezy/Libreoffice 3.5.x. This is a dedicated setup used by many
> once-a-year users (who aren't chosen for their familiarity with
> computers) and, for instance, boots straight into a front end when
> switched on and shuts down when you close the front end. All driven by a
> startup script which launches the front end and waits for it to close.

This sounds like a horrible mess. As far as I know, you can control the
entire office process through a real program (Java, Python, Java Script)
which starts up the office suite in listening mode, connects to the
listening office, plays games with the same UNO-Api as macros do and
finally takes care of the proper shutdown.

I would train my users instead.