Am 14.11.2014 um 16:03 schrieb Jean-Francois Nifenecker:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a working report in Base (connected to a Query, the data source
> being a Calc sheet).
>
> This is an accounting report that groups data according to some code in
> a column. A subtotal amount is accumulated for each group. I'm being
> asked to add this subtotal in letters as well.
>
> I've also got a macro that does just that, translating numbers into
> letters. But, to date, I haven't found any mean to connect a report
> field to a macro. I've looked at custom functions and can't find any
> option anywhere.
>
> So my question is: is this possible? And, if it is, how?
>
> Thanks in advance,

It is possible to use Calc as reporting engine. Hit F4 and drag your
query onto a spreadsheet cell. When the database content changed, click
any cell in that import range and call menu:Data>Refresh.
The page layout is a bit tricky but with Calc's page preview you can
build amazing cell grid reports with sufficient formatting options,
calculations, conditional formattings, simple interactive filters, sort
orders and charts.