On 12/02/2014 11:55 PM, Walther Koehler wrote:
High Eric,

thank you for that information. I was trying to get a speech recognition
system running for some time.
I have been using the IBM-line of speech recognition ViaVoice/Nuance under
Win98 with some success. Now, I planned to use it in VirtualBox.

ooh, that is old stuff. you should look for a sale on DNS 13 this month. nuance should have preferred on sale for 100$ instead of 200$. pick yourself up an logitech h800 headset form staples and off you go.

-Do you have experience with ViaVoice, are there reasons to prefer
NaturalSpeaking?

via voice was the package of choice for court stenographers because it could be tuned but overall NaturallySpeaking was a better choice. look up natlink/vocola for a python based extension environment to nat-speak.
-Why did you choose KVM over VirtualBox?

because VBox has really lousy audio handling. could not get a clear stream of audio to nat-speak so recognition was terrible. hoping I can get/find a solution for kvm and usb audio.