Dear Brian,
you are the greatest.

Yup. Try searching for
([^a-z]*) (.*)
and replacing with
$1;$2 or $1\t$2
as before.

I printed out days ago, the table with regular expression from the writer
help-file and experimented with it quite a lot, but I missed the  (.*) part.
I probably wouldn't come to it for a long time.
This works perfect with words at the beginning of the line, but... I still
have a small problem.

What I mean, you can see at the following example:

αιτία 1. Ursache, Grund, causa             changes to       αιτία
1.*;*Ursache, Grund, causa              should be        αιτία*;*1. Ursache,
Grund, causa
αιτιολογία (93 § 3 Σ ) Begründung       changes to      αιτιολογία (93 § 3 Σ
)*;*Begründung         should be      αιτιολογία*;*(93 § 3 Σ ) Begründung

How can I avoid that? The semicolon or tab should be before the number and
the parenthesis.
Please tell me this last thing, I really don't know how to.

>I am not asking you to do the work for me, ...

Oh, I think you did! But no matter. ;^)

If it goes like a duck and sounds like a duck......
Yes, you are right to think so, but it is very important to me, for you to
know, that I am not one of this lazy guys who let others do the work for
them without googling or reading the documentation themselves first.
I really try very hard my self first and then ask for help. But some things,
I just don not get.

I trust this helps.

Yes, it does help of course.
I hope I can do something in return for you to show you my appreciation.

Constantine

Brian Barker

deleted