See the title barOn 31/12/14 01:56, anne-ology wrote:
>        would you please explain how you're able to open these PDFs so.
>

> From: charles meyer <reachmepl...@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM
> Subject: [libreoffice-users] PDF Extnension for Libre Office/Writer or Open
> Office
> To: users@global.libreoffice.org
>

> I've discovered, at least with my new Libre Office 4.3.5.2, that I can
> open a PDF or .jpg in Writer and not have to open Draw.

No you can't! You may start in Writer, but when you open a PDF file you
should observe a switch to Draw. See the title bar to confirm.

> I can also insert images (from file) into these respective documents
> and then print them to a PDF, if desired, or save as .odt, MS Word,
> etc.

I would be very surprised if you are able to save as anything other than
a Draw document (.odg), or Draw template. Of course you will be able to
*print* as a PDF after editing.

Happy New Year