> On Jan 17, 2015, at 4:44 AM, Alex Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Le 17/01/2015 07:39, Spencer Graves a écrit :
>
> Hi Spencer,
>

>>        With LibreOffice 4.3.5.2 Spreadhseet under OS X.10.1, Tool -> Solver
>> kills LibreOffice, reporting, "LibreOffice quit unexpectedly.  Click Reopen
>> to open the application again.”
>>

>>        I get this in an empty spreadsheet and spreadsheets with serious
>> optimization problems solved by Solver handily under Windows.
>>

>>        Suggestions?
>
> File a bug report. When you mention the word Solver under Windows, I
> take it you are talking about the integrated solver in LibreOffice, and
> not some separate app, or even Excel module ?

I’m trying to use the standard “Solver” on the “Tools” menu in LibreOffice
Spreadsheet.  It works with LO 4.3.4.1 under Windows 7 on a Fujitsu notebook.
However, with LO 4.3.5.2 under Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion, when I try to run
the Solver, I get, “LibreOffice requires a Java runtime envoronment (JRE) to
perform this task.  Please install a JRE and restart LibreOffice.”  I got that
same message under OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite.  After I installed the latest JRE, LO
told me it needed an older version, which I tried to install per its
instructions.  Then I got the message reported above.

Thanks for the reply.  I just tried to file a bug report with
"https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/“
<https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/%E2%80%9C>, “Bug Submission
Assistant”.  I got, "The BSA is currently broken. Please use
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED
 instead.”  I just tried to create an account there and am waiting for a
confirmation email.  Is that broken also?

Thanks,
Spencer