On 03/11/2015 08:00 AM, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:
On 03/10/2015 01:07 PM, Doug wrote:
On 03/10/2015 09:19 AM, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:

The one I use is Artha, which is an offline one.  IT is not a spell checking
dictionary, but, it is a dictionary and has many thesaurus types of information.

/snip/

  I do not like Win8 and have not had any option to try 8.1. My laptops are
dual booting for Linux and Win7.

/snip/

Have you found and installed Classic Shell (free) for your Windows 8? It will
make it look about like Win 7. And you should get and install the
free upgrade to Win 8.1. I find that it boots and runs faster than Win 7, and
runs just about all that Win 7 does. If you have Win 8/8.1 Pro,
you will have to use a work-around to install LightScribe, but the work-around
basically just calls for Win 8.1 to emulate Win 7. Anyway,
once you have installed Classic Shell you can forget about those ugly boxes and
use the menu and put icons on your desktop and all. You
can also teach the system not to play games with the windows when they touch
the top or side of the screen--just as you have to do with some
Linux distros. You can also install KDE for Windows, of which I only use a
couple of the apps, not the whole GUI--I use Kate and FindFiles
and Dolphin and KPatience and Gwenview. Maybe one or two others I don't
remember at the moment.

--doug