Am 18.03.2015 um 16:00 schrieb xavier2:
> Hello I'm starting with queries and functions. Right now I know how to tackle
> queries, but I don't know very well how may I use functions on queries. I
> would like to master all functions, so I need examples with functions. The
> problem is I don't know where may I find help with this? *I'd like to see
> samples about these functions*:
>
> Average, Count, Maximum, Minimum, Sum, Every, Any, Some, STDDEV_POP,
> STDDEV_SAMP, VAR_SAMP, VAR_POP, Collect, Fusion, Intersection, Group
>
> Sadly I don't have seen any documentation from LibreOffice explaining every
> function with a sample. Please, could someone give me some examples for
> these functions? I'd like to see them working and what everyone do.
> Cheers

The availlable functions depend on the type database you are connected
to. The bare minimum of functions in the file based databsaes
(spreadsheet, text, dBase) is documented here:
> http://www.openoffice.org/dba/specifications/file_based_functions.html

File based databases support only one aggregation COUNT(*)

The built-in HSQL 1.8 (which should better not be used embedded into the
Base document) is documented here:
> http://www.hsqldb.org/doc/1.8/guide/ch09.html

Any resource on SQL can teach you how to use all these functions
properly, particularly the aggregation funcions together with GROUP.

[Tutorial] Calculations in databases (quick primer)