Am 17.04.2015 um 06:58 schrieb Tom Cloyd:
> I'm running Kubuntu Linux - latest version, fully updated.
>
> I just downloaded "LibreOffice_4.4.2_Linux_x86_deb.tar.gz" and its
> associated helpfile. I removed all other *.tar.gz files from my software
> download archive.
>
> I removed my previous LO installation: sudo apt-get remove libreoffice*.*
>
> I unpacked each *.tar.gz file and installed it from its respective "DEBS"
> directory: sudo dpkg -i *.deb
>
> I launched my supposed new LO version.
>
> As always with a new install, I immediately check "Help > About..." to
> verify the install, and I get this:
>
> Version: 4.3.5.2
> Build ID: 3a87456aaa6a95c63eea1c1b3201acedf0751bd5
>
> Since that's the version I started with, prior to this upgrade attempt, I'm
> a bit surprised.
>
> That little "download available" icon is in the upper right corner of the
> LO window, as well.
>
> Perhaps there's a problem up in the mothership?
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,
Open a terminal and launch /opt/LibreOffice4.4./program/soffice
Watch any output on the terminal.

Oh, and don't forget to stop any "quick starter" instance of some
LibreOffice installation, particularly while running an installation. I
use to disable this useless anti-feature alltogether
(menu:Tools>Options>Memory>"Systray Quickstart").

Greetings,
Andreas Säger