Hi :)
We call them "Extensions" rather than add-ons or plug-ins but i use the
other two terms because non-LibreOffice/OpenOffice users are probably more
familiar with those other 2 terms.

Many of the OpenOffice ones might well work well in LibreOffice but if they
don't there are options such as installing OpenOffice alongside LibreOffice
(not completely trivial) or/and writing to the devs of the Extension and
letting them know you want to use it in LibreOffice.