Base, can I link a database to a map/grid/spreadsheet grid – not really sure
how to ak this or what is possible, doable or worth attempting so bear with
me.
An explanation of what I want to do.
I like gardening and keep on buying plants and sticking them in around the
garden, most have difficult names and I have a crap memory. At some point
I'll be wandering around the garden see a plant and have no idea what it is.
I'd like to create a map of my garden and record where a plant is and its
name (common and Latin) etc in a database. Possibly such an application
already exists (free) if it does I haven’t found it.

So is it possible to connect a database to a map/grid/whatever to do what I
want

Any thoughts help appreciated

-----
IGraham