On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 20:05:33 +0100
Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> At 19:31 21/06/2015 +0100, Pete Nikolic wrote:
> >I am running Libre office Version 4.3.7.2 on Arch Linux. I have a
> >lot of cells with this or similar in
> >=IF(D10-K10>0,D10-K10,"")
> >the problem is that if either D10 or K10 is blank the result is
> >displayed as #VALUE! that means several hundred times not only is it
> >a pain but it mucks the printing up as well the results do not look
> >good covered in #VALUE! . What is the trick to preventing the
> >display of aforementioned string.
>
> o You shouldn't really think of suppressing the error message, but
> instead of avoiding the error. (But that may be what you mean.) So
> you could check the result of your formula using ISERR() or ISERROR()
> and replace the message with whatever you prefer - possibly blank or
> null. But I don't recommend this.
>
> o How about correcting your data? If you want to do calculations on
> it, the data really shouldn't have text values of any sort. (Are you
> sure that blank cells are not automatically interpreted as zeroes in
> a calculation?) It is quite easy to edit a spreadsheet to correct
> problems such as this, even if there are hundreds of suspect values.
> You could either modify the cell contents or simply create an
> additional column or row containing the modified values.
>
> o Alternatively, you can test for the presence of a genuine number
> using the ISNUMBER() function. So
> =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(D10),ISNUMBER(K10),D10>K10),D10-K10,"")
> should do what you need.
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

HI ok .

I will test that out ..

I have managed to get round it right now  using
=IF(COUNT(D10-K10)=2,D10-K10,"")

That seems to do the job and i cant see any ill effects on the way it works
you may
have an improvement  ....

Thanks

Pete .

--
Illegitimi non carborundum . ro for the purists out there
Noli nothis permittere te terere.