On Sat, 1 Aug 2015, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:

Has anyone on this list[s] have tried Win10 and tested LO 4.4.x on that system?

I installed via the so-called 'Insider Preview' on a Thinkpad x120e. I haven't used it very much and I haven't installed LO or OO yet.

so far:

a) AMD Catalyst program seems broken and I haven't succeeded yet in fixing it and updating the driver for the Radeon 6310.

b) system gets unusable if I try to use my usb-connected Logitech trackball, the cursor moves but no responses to clicks; then the keyboard goes wonky so no right or left clicks work from the inbuilt trackpad.

c) the default theme and colors seem dour, fonts fuzzy, but so far I can't find a pallette to choose from. there are even worse themes to select from and a limited set of about 8 dour colors. I haven't tried yet to install true-type (that's a separate procedure, right?).

d) perforce I have a Microsoft account but I turned off most of the 'call home' features and don't use Cortana or One-drive and so forth but I suspect there's plenty of 'telemetry' going on behind the scenes, not wholly inappropriate for a preview version.

e) I can't tell yet about speed and performance, too little usage, but it boots kind of slow but seems ok otherwise.

I suspect there are fixes for some of the problems; feel convinced I could improve the display if I could get good drivers.

I will be looking at adding some menu background graphics [via Firefox's options]. But in the original default install, the "window's" look and feel is not good. It just does not look as well as it did when I had the system running Win7.

I concur with the above (limited experience with Win7); didn't know about Firefox supplying background graphics?

f.

--
Felmon Davis

I met a wonderful new man. He's fictional, but you can't have everything.
                -- Cecelia, "The Purple Rose of Cairo"