On 13/11/2015 19:27, Joel Madero wrote:

> I have never seen a 150 mb functional spreadsheet before.

That size is not uncommon in environments where Excel is the only office
tool that the employees know how to use.

> I'd like to see the file because I'm relatively sure that a database
is what is needed (especially if there are a ton of functions in it and
nested ifs)

People have been abusing spreadsheets as databases since at least 1992
when the first database program that masqueraded as a spreadsheet was
commercially released.

On second thoughts, there was a spreadsheet program for the Apple ][,
that was a nothing more than a specialized database program. AFAIK, it
was only released as source code (Apple Pascal).

jonathon