-----Original Message-----
From: jorge <jrodrigue...@cpcecr.com>
To: j...@lang.hm
Cc: users@global.libreoffice.org
Sent: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 7:50
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc 5.0.3.2 AutoCalculate

Hi:

I've had this kind of problem before. As I understand it is because the
spreadsheet has a lot of formulas into it. Then when you enter a new value or
formula to be calculate, it recalculate all formulas again of the spreadsheet
that you are using.

I only can solve with uncheck autocalculate

[Thank you Jorge but that's exactly what I reported trying in my original
message. It still takes the same four minutes after I enter or revise a single
value before it lets me do anything more _and_ the hiding of conditional
formatting when AutoCalculate is unchecked is another
_unexpected_and_undesirable_ behavior. Can anybody else contribute a solution
to my problem? -- jl]

and continue working entering new data and when I have enough new information,
run autocalculate to update and review it.

[Actually I intended to use F9 for this but maybe that's what you mean. -- jl]

I don't know if increase the memory improve the result of autocalculate.

[I remember recently seeing someone suggesting a memory tweak but I don't
recall what to try in that regard. The Linux version is running on a laptop
computer with a solid state disk drive and without crowding memory. According
to top,

KiB Mem: 3072748 total, 2961416 used, 111332 free, 540732 buffers
KiB Swap: 7817776 total, 321948 used, 7495828 free, 571112 cached Men

and for soffice.bin top reports

VIRT 1599776 RES 385276 SHR 76000 %CPU 99.9 %MEM 12.5

With AutoCalculate unchecked I reentered the value 2.2 in cell AI1289 and top
recorded 3 minutes 59 seconds of CPU time consumed by soffice.bin before that
process returned to an idle state.

My point is that AutoCalculate should not even be taking place since I
unchecked it but it obviously is.

Once again, I am experiencing this issue in the Windows version of LO 4.4.6.3
_and_ in the Linux version of LO 5.0.3.2. -- jl]

I think that I had this problem before with different spreadsheet package from
different office suites.

Regards, and hope this help,

[Again I thank you for trying. Your suggestion obviously worked for you but
it's not working for me. -- jl]

Jorge Rodríguez

--
Jim