Am 16.12.2015 um 09:19 schrieb Ken Heard:
> On 2015-12-12 20:57, Don Parris wrote:
>

> The "address books:registering" entry in the LibreOffice Writer help
> (F1) explains how to import various address books into Writer.  I have
> so far set it up to use my icedove address book in Writer, but I have
> yet to use it for actual addressing.
>
> Regards, Ken

We can connect a Base document with dozends of different database types,
spreadsheets, plain text (csv), dBase and some address books.

This topic is about the KDE address book in particular. LO has a
built-in driver (sdbc:address:kab) which does not work anymore because
the KDE folks added a new abstraction layer "Akonadi" between database
and client applications.

According to the German Wikipedia, Akonadi saves data in some Sqlite,
MySQL or PostgreSQL database.

> https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akonadi

Either we find a way to connect to this database (for all 3 types
drivers are availlable) or someone writes a new sdbc driver for "Aconadi".