Am 21.12.2015 um 22:47 schrieb Blake McBride:
> What I want is to keep the password on the database but not require user
> entry of it.  I have tried a bunch of stuff.  I added UserName and Password
> to the odbc,ini file.  I also tried adding "Password=xyz" to Base's
> database properties under ODBC options.  I also tried unchecking the
> "Password required" option on Base DB setup.
>
> No matter what I do, it insists on getting a password.

Of course it does. If you are the admininstrator of that database remove
the password from your database account. If not, ask the responsible
admin to do it for you.

Anyhow:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=77543 lets
you store the "password required", the user name and the password
_unencrypted_ within the database front-end. It is definitively a
security breach.
Install the oxt and call Tools>Macros>Run>FreeHSQLDB.FreeHSQLDB.Main.
The macro shows a dialog to connect this document with an external
HSQLDB but the upper part with registration and log-in works with all
types of databases.